01 October, 2011

What is the meaning of a social life?

Am I the only one that feels like there's no one or nothing to feel passionate about in a city with 10 million people?  Ever since I've left school, I haven't spoken to any of "my friends" and every since I've done away with my facebook, I haven't made a new friend ... like an actual new friend ...
Does everyone live on facebook?  Like really, there's no life outside of this, and if you don't have one, then that's it for you -- you can't live an independent life.  How ridiculous is that?  I've been searching too, cafes, record stores, museums, cool stores, art shops, nothing, no one to actually keep as a friend.  Is it me?  Like, have I created standards for people that are unattainable in real life, or?

I really have no idea, I feel singled out but not in a good way, not like I like it, and alone, incredibly alone.  Very, very alone, in my tastes and independence.
I wonder if I would be too harsh to just do away with everyone, when and if I move away.
Since right now at least, this isn't the place for me, then I can try starting all over again, a million miles away from here.

2 comments:

  1. I know what you mean. I have some friends who don't have Facebook anymore and I can't get in contact with them at all. :-(

    ReplyDelete